[luau] Idea...

Ben Timmerman btimmerm at hawaii.edu
Tue Feb 25 17:19:01 PST 2003

Rick Chavez sez
> I just wanted to throw an idea out and see what people think...
Kevin Goad sez
> I second the motion.
...and with what Gary and Warren add...gosh, I just don't want to see
another 121 posts in my inbox from Friday morning till Monday afternoon
again...no matter how entertaining and/or informative.

I currently don't have the ability to filter my UH web mail and I have
everything forwarding to my cell.  I'm one of the 'newbies' so the
technical stuff is really important to me.  And while over this weekend
I got a textbook example of what is totally not kosher for list
participant behavior...I also got equally cogent examples of civilized
response to such an anathema.  I consider in whole the weekend
experience quite valuable and I hope this tempers my own participation
should I ever become so passionately inspired.

As I’ve explained off-list to a couple of you, my time is extremely
encumbered right now between weekday school(UH) and weekend work
(taxi).  While I do want to be a part of your mission both as a giver
and a receiver, the only thing I can receive for the time being is this
forum.  The time and lead time for any commitment from me to help with
your inventory management so far has been much too short for me to
participate(maybe Sundays or Mondays only for the time being).

If the volume of this past weekend continues, I will have to
unsubscribe and limit my participation to the online luau archives that
I will access during my on-campus weekly schedule.  Anyone expecting a
more immediate response from me concerning my participation in any
HOSEF event I will gladly supply my cell # or asked you to email me
directly.

Somehow, I’m gonna have to find a way to spend maybe an hour at
Murphy’s this Friday so that I can put faces to some of the names I've
met here.  There'll be no beers for me this time since the taxi shift
will follow immediately-Ben