[luau] learning the hardware end

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Mon Feb 24 14:49:00 PST 2003

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 02:39:50PM -1000, Luis aka Rigpa wrote:
>   It is possible that such a class could provide HOSEF with
> the manpower required to meet the demand for computer labs at
> schools. An added bounus would be the pride those students
> would have in knowing that they were an integral part of making
> their school's computer lab a reality.
>
> Any thoughts on this?

That is a great a idea. I do think it might be too early in the
game for a formal class. Others may disagree.

For now, I say just show up to the Stadium Pricebusters meetings.
There is a lot of work to be done at all levels of experience.

> BTW - At the moment I'm a little transportation-challenged.
> Once I get my wheels back on the road (sometime next week) I
> would be more than willing to help set up some of those boxes
> you guys need help with. I'll do my best to make it to Murphy's
> this friday and meet some of you.

If you are motivated enough to go regulary, we might be able to
set up a ride and share of sorts for the Tuesday and Saturday
meetings.

-Vince