[luau] Redhat 8 Slow on my P2-300 MHZ 128MB Ram Laptop

xxd xxd at lotek.no-ip.org
Thu Feb 20 23:49:00 PST 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:39:04 -1000
Vince Hoang <luau at ml.altern8.net> wrote:

 > ... But, I would not call them bare-bones.
 > 8000+ ports is rather large.

	Agreed.  Perhaps that was the wrong choice of words. "Less-bloated" might have been a better term.  In my attempt to simplify things I might have grabbed the wrong phrase...  And seeing as I actually run LFS, I really don't have any right to be calling other distros bare-boned...	;)

But that has led me to an interesting aside:
	Anybody else on the list running LFS (linux from scratch)?
		(Really, I am just curious.)

Okay, two asides actually...

	Anybody familiar with the status of ipv6 here in Hawaii?

	I am on rr, sent a nice little note, but haven't gotten a response yet... ( go figure.) Just wondering if anybody new of ISPs that were offering the service yet? Or if there were some things already going on at the university?  I already have set up an ipv6-to-ipv4 tunnel to 6bone :) , but was interested in getting a legit ipv6 addy...

				Thanks.

                                                    --xxd

--
________  ___ ________   Lo Tek Sym Designs