[luau] Verizon DSL

Wayne Maeda surfbump at flex.com
Wed Feb 19 16:08:00 PST 2003

On Thursday 20 February 2003 01:31 am, Dustin Cross wrote:

> Correct.  I pay both Flex and Verizon and it ends up being more than the
> $39.59, I think I pay $65 per month, but I like being able to LEGALLY run
> my own servers with fear of ports being blocked or getting a letter saying
> that it is against the AUP.  And I pay much less than the Roadrunner
> business account that allows servers, which is well worth it if you can
> justify the $150-200 per month.
>
> If you do everything through Verizon, $39.95 should be your total monthly
> cost.
>
> Dusty
>
> > With Flex's DSL, don't you have to pay both Flex and Verizon a separate
> > monthly charge? Doesn't this come out to over $50 a month total? This
> > Verizon promotion seems to imply that the total monthly cost for DSL
> > will be $39.95. Is this correct?
> >
> > Wayne

I notice that Linux isn't listed under Verizon's DSL system requirements on
their website. Yet many Linux users do have Verizon's DSL. How does Verizon
handle this? Do they just dump everything at your doorstep and leave it for
you to set up? Do they deny your application because you're on Linux thereby
forcing you to access them indirectly at providers such as Flex?

Wayne