[luau] Verizon DSL

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Wed Feb 19 16:04:00 PST 2003

I was a contractor at Bell Atlantic building out thier DSL a few years
back.  The choke point was at the CO (central office).  Basically all of
the DSL lines from your area terminate there and that system is connected
to the main office and then to the internet.  At Bell Atlantic the
connection from the CO to the main office was a T-1 even though the system
recommended an OC-3 for the amount of lines they had.  What you got was
dedicated bandwidth to the CO, from there it is shared bandwidth.

Dusty