[luau] Friday night IRC meeting, Linux for Hawaii schools

Tom Donahoe tdonahoe at midpac.edu
Wed Feb 12 22:28:00 PST 2003

Hi all
    As one who lurks on this list, and is an avid supporter of the project,
let me share a resource that may help us find schools for the project. I had
a conversation yesterday with one of the buildings' personnel at Mid-Pacific
Institute. It turns out that his wife works for the Superintendent of the
Windward district. (This would include schools from Waimanalo to Kaaawa,
exactly the type of clientele the HOSEF project is trying to reach.) He
wanted to know who to contact. For now, I've asked him to contact Mark Hines
at Mid-Pacific Institute, since Mark seems to run into Warren more often
than I do. For future reference, is there a number/contact for HOSEF that
can be used for the wider community to use? This could help. Also, another
thing might be to get past clientele to pass the word to other schools if
they find the lab and service provided by HOSEF helpful (which of course
they will). Hope this helps. Glad to know the project is going so
swimmingly. :-)
    Take care all. You are fighting the good fight.

Aloha
Tom Donahoe