[luau] volume control

Kevin Goad kevg at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Feb 10 15:27:00 PST 2003

If I remember correctly there are 2 different sound volume controls.
One is the main for all applications to follow set by the operating
system and then the applications themselves have their own volume
settings.  Try one of the configuration apps under sound.  Its just like
Windows where you set the volume control for the system high and then
open Winamp or something and the volume can be controlled from there
without effecting the system.

---I wish I was at home with my Mandrake box, my new KVM switch and my
WINXP box.  Let me tell you that's the way to go I can switch from one
to the other at the push of a button I no longer have to swing my chair
around and get comfortable on a new keyboard, mouse and monitor.
They're cheap at CompUSA $50 for the two port and luckily I already had
cables or they would have been $40 more.----

"Is there
some master volume control somewhere in there?  The max volume that I
get under Linux is hearable, but no where high enough for normal
listening, and that's with the speakers set to max."  -Charles