[luau] SAproxy - a Windows SpamAssassin POP3 proxy

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Feb 9 22:56:01 PST 2003

Hey folks,

Attached is an interesting forward about "SAProxy", a free and open
source POP3 proxy for Windows.  It uses the excellent "SpamAssassin"
engine that many have been using on unix for years.  It runs hundreds of
tests on each incoming message to determine a "spam score".

I personally use SpamAssassin on my Linux mail servers in order to have
highly accurate spam detection for all users on mail servers.
Mid-Pacific Institute will soon transition to such a mail server.  I can
help you configure a spam blocking site-wide Linux mail server for your
school too, please let me know if interested.

I haven't tried SAProxy for Windows, but the description sounds like it
can work with any POP3 mail account.  It isn't feasible for multiple
users because you need to set it up on each machine for each user, but
it should protect a single user fairly well after some configuration and
tweaks.

I'll be interested to hear about experiences in trying this.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com