[luau] Re: LUAU digest, Vol 1 #594 - 6 msgs

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Sat Feb 8 08:18:00 PST 2003

Don,

Let me echo Ho'ala's welcome.  I am a big supporter of Hawaii Public Radio.
This support is made much easier because of the great coverage of local Tech
issues provided by your hour long show each week.  As we begin to look at
ways to get donated hardware to the other islands like Hawaii, any contacts
you could help us make would be greatly appreciated.  Because we are a
501(c)(3) organization, they can have no concerns about the deductibility of
their contribution or that it is a certifiably good cause.

The kind and gracious Senator Kokubun has offered to help if he can.  A very
thoughtful Hawaii resident requesting anonymity took the time to let him know
of our intents.  With help like this and from the good folks at ThinkTech
Hawaii, surely we will find more schools to take free computers.

As Ho'ala mentioned, we would love to help you to inform your listeners about
the pros and cons of using open source software.  It is playing an
increasingly important role in our economy.  Please let us know if we can be
of service to you.

aloha

scott