[luau] HOSEF will make Hawaii better.

Ho'ala Greevy hoala at secretbonus.com
Wed Feb 5 21:12:01 PST 2003

Scott, much mahalo for sending out the HOSEF update, I have been
absolutely buried with work of late.

here's an update from me:

- working on pumping out a press release for HOSEF.  Once that's pau, we
should be able to approach several local papers with a newsworthy piece.
The media loves to tell its readers about free stuff, and HOSEF's
non-profit status makes it nearly that- a worthwhile way for businesses to
legally write off legacy hardware.

- NetEnterprise has about a dozen PCs they wish to donate to HOSEF.  They
are located at 1132 Bishop on the 7th Floor.  I can arrange a pickup time,
but I will need help getting the stuff out to Stadium Marketplace
Pricebusters.

- I wouldn't mind teaching and/or lending a hand out at the Pricebusters
lab, as long as i could keep a very flexible schedule.

At any rate, that's about it from me.  Like Scott alluded to, there's alot
of potential for HOSEF- I have a gut feeling this will be the year Hawaii
learns about Linux.

1500 donated PCs?!  secretbonus!
Ho'ala Greevy