[luau] a little script question

Florian Hines frhines at swbell.net
Mon Feb 3 21:33:01 PST 2003

Expect might work for that.

Expect can even auto-generate the script for you (doesn't always work for
it)

#]autoexpect -c
(-c forces it to use conservatice mode, because some programs will ignore
keystrokes if they come too fast...like passwd)

#]su -
Password: ********
Password: ********
#]/some/place/urprogram.sh (execute your program)
#]exit (go back to original username)
#]exit (exit autoexpect)

Its not the safest way but it works.

http://expect.nist.gov/

Or rpmfind.net

You could write the whole script in expect if you want too.

Flo