[luau] Network questions

kilauea kilauea at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Dec 30 22:14:01 PST 2003

I have recently put a linksys router on my Road Runner cable modem and
have two (linux of course) boxes connected. The boxes are only used for
web browsing and are currently configured for DHCP with the router
providing a DHCP server.  All works fine in this config but I would like
to give the boxes fixed IP addresses. When I set the boxes to fixed IP
addresses (rc.inet1) the boxes see each other OK but DNS  isn't working
even though resolve.conf shows the RR DNS addresses. How do I set the
boxes to fixed addresses but still provide DNS for web browsing?

Aloha from Kauai
Mahalo, Kilauea