[luau] Trying to upgrade from RedHat8 to Fedora

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Mon Dec 8 22:57:00 PST 2003

I haven't taken a look at the actual installer for fedora, but see if
there is info in the (ctrl)-alt-F1, F2, F3, F4 terminals.  You may be
surposed if its something like "downloading fedora, FTP: too many users
or your class" or something like that.  It may also tell you where its
trying to save the data.  Do you have a complex mount point/partition
system, or just a /boot and a /?  Although some would recommend against
it, you can probably update the whole system using apt-get/yum.  It
works for 9.x for me without any real concerns.

-Eric Hattemer