[luau] Trying to upgrade from RedHat8 to Fedora

Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Mon Dec 8 13:42:01 PST 2003

How are you upgrading (what source) and how much space to you actually
have in your paritions?  What is the exact error?

I upgraded my old router to Fedora (which was 8 origionally but was
rawhide (october) before it went Fedora) once and had to move and symlink
/var over to the /home hard drive/partition to provide enough space for
the rpms.

There may be a configurable option to change the temporary folder used to
upgrade.  Like up2date.  up2date uses sysconfig/rhn/up2date.

Tom

Brian Chee <chee at hawaii.edu>
Sent by: luau-admin at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
12/08/03 12:55 PM
Please respond to luau

        To:     luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
        cc:
        Subject:        [luau] Trying to upgrade from RedHat8 to Fedora

Hi folks:
We're getting an error while trying to upgrade (sidegrade?) and the system
is giving us a message of something like: "...uploading install image to
hard disk, error, possibly out of hard drive space..."....is there a way
tell Fedora to use a particular partition for the upgrade stuff? /boot has
38mb free, but the other partitions got gobs of space to play with.

Any wisdom?

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab