[luau] HOSEF Workshop Today, 11-2

R.Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Sat Dec 6 08:20:01 PST 2003

Just a little reminder that we'll be doing what we do on Saturdays,
getting together to do all things Linux.  We've just completed
preparation and delivery of several machines that went to The New
Academy, a Waldorf school on the Big Island, so our agenda is a little
open.  Today we will be doing a mass install on the lab machines.
Queued up are a Debian, a Suse, a Mandrake 9.2, a RedHat 9, a Fedora,
and a Knoppix install, simultaneously.  Perhaps we'll throw in a
Freebsd.  Come by if you want to help click, or if you want to see what
some of these installations and distributions look like.

Driving directions and a Calendar can be found at http://www.hosef.org

HOSEF is The Hawaii Open Source Education Foundation, a volunteer
driven 501(c)(3) charitable organization devoted to promoting and
sustaining the use of OSS in the Hawaiian Islands.  We hold workshops
twice a week to teach, talk, or to work on machines destined to be
given away.  The objective is to take away the excuse of "where do I go
for help or support."  For six free hours a week, we try.  Some folks
just come by to talk.  That's okay.  All are welcome.

--scott