[luau] videl.ics.hawaii.edu disk failure - Your Help Needed

R.Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Wed Dec 3 22:49:00 PST 2003

On Wednesday, December 3, 2003, at 11:48 AM, Warren Togami wrote:

> We should get another 60GB drive to mirror the other 60GB drive.
> Preferably of the same model so they both run with similar speed and
> access times.  The exact model is $99 at local CompUSA, but I'm looking
> for better deals elsewhere.  newegg might be the best deal because
> after
> shipping it is lower than $99, without taxes.

I went ahead and bought us a 160 gb Seagate 7200 rpm ata100 8mb cache
drive for the server.  We can mirror the other 60 gb drive and either
add to our storage or mirror 100gb of it.  Let's determine who to give
it to so that it can be installed.  A lack of redundancy makes me
anxious, so it is ready when we are.

--scott