[luau] HOSEF Swapmeet and Ebay Proposal

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Apr 24 00:48:04 PDT 2003

Proposal:
HOSEF Swapmeet and Ebay

Purpose:
There is a great deal of donated hardware at Pricebusters and
Mid-Pacific Institute that cannot be put to good use for our Linux in
schools deployments.  The large amount of excess hardware is a strain on
Pricebusters and Mid-Pacific Institute, so we must eliminate as much as
possible in an organized way.

The following should be done with this excess hardware:
1) Inventory
2) Offer list to schools for Linux or non-Linux purposes
3) Everything left is to be sold or disposed

Selling Priority:
1) HOSEF members may buy it at a fair market price.
2) Ebay higher price items.
3) Aloha Stadium Swapmeet booth

All sales proceeds go back to the HOSEF treasury, minus any possible
reimbursement for swapmeet or ebay listing costs.

What work needs to be done?
1) Inventory excess hardware into lists
2) Offer list to schools.  I have the contacts for this on the private
school side, Nakashima can handle the public school side.
3) We need volunteers for Ebay selling.  This would entail taking
pictures and posting at below fair market price.  When auction is over,
collecting money, boxing and shipping.
4) We need an organizer for a HOSEF swapmeet day.  This person must
contact the swap meet people and learn the requirements for a booth.
After we know the swapmeet booth requirements we can discuss further
planning here (transportation, shift sign-ups, etc.).

--
Warren Togami                                   Fedora Linux Project
warren at togami.com                               http://www.fedora.us