[luau] Road Runner Vs. DSL revisited

Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Wed Apr 23 11:36:04 PDT 2003

I would not stand for that. I'd let them know about it everyday until it
was fixed. What area of the island are you in?

Michael

stimmy <stimmy at panax.com>@videl.ics.hawaii.edu on 04/23/2003 11:18:52 AM

Please respond to luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu

Sent by:    luau-admin at videl.ics.hawaii.edu

To:    "John S. Johnson" <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
cc:

Subject:    Re: [luau] Road Runner Vs. DSL revisited

I'm actually doing this very thing, right now. We currently have
RoadRunner, and are switching to a 768/768k plan for DSL, with one
static IP. It's really the static IP that sold me, though, as
RoadRunner doesn't offer that, to the best of my knowledge.

I do think that we will be sacrificing download speeds, as we're
getting close to a meg and a half at best, but the uploads will
obviously be much better for a server, and I have at least two ten to
twenty minute outages every single day, with RoadRunner that get
incredibly annoying.

James