[luau] Beheading Servers

Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Wed Apr 23 10:59:00 PDT 2003

I have multiple servers that I am setting up and I was wondering what is
the best way to run them headless? I'd want to remotely run X and be able
to use the interactive tools, but I want to conserve resources by not
running the X Windows client on the server. The only way I can think of is
to run X as usual and then TightVNC in. Is there a way I can run the X
server without starting up a client session?

How is remote administration usually handled?

Suggestions most appreciated. Thank you.

Michael