[luau] New to the Area

stimmy stimmy at panax.com
Tue Apr 22 19:35:02 PDT 2003

I don't think that I would be the one to organize such a thing, as I
just moved here. I'd definately help out, if you needed it, though.

What I was looking for were meetings that were a bit more educational.
In Maine, I brought an old LUG back into existence, called DEMLUG
(DownEast Maine Linux User Group), and we had a few very good
demonstrations, ranging from c and c socket programming to basic
operations in linux (as a few of our members were very new to it).

I was also very lucky to see a presentation by Jeremy Radlow at UMO for
MELUG, about PHP, perl.cgi, and Mason programming, with a secondary
focus on database construction. While I already was experienced in the
area, it was fascinating to watch.

Doesn't HOSEF have install-fests every week, though? Again, what I was
looking for was something a little bit beyond an install-fest. =v)

James