[luau] Java question

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Apr 18 00:36:00 PDT 2003

>[ben at VALinux SCUBATOOLS]$ java -cp .Scubatoolkit
>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: /Scubatoolkit
>        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:native)
>        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:52)
>[ben at VALinux SCUBATOOLS]$

It's been a few semesters since i've done any java programming, so i may
be way off base here, but my initial guess is that you need a space
between the period and Scubatoolkit.

The reason I say this is, the java command has one mandatory argument,
namely the class to execute (or possibly a jar file), and the -cp
commandline argument also has its own mandatory argument, namely one
directory to search in when trying to find classes.  So currently there
aren't enough arguments for the command to make sense.

So, again,  i think you want:

java -cp . Scubatoolkit

Also, I think that java will automatically search the current directory
for classes anyway, so you can probably get away with just:

java Scubatoolkit

--Ray