[luau] PATRIOT act may become permanent

Virgil virgil at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Apr 10 17:50:01 PDT 2003

Is this bill anything even related to DARPA and TIA? Anyone here heard of
the TIA program before? Well if you  seen the sci-fi movie in which Tom
Cruise goes and arrest people even before they do their crime.  Basically
that is what the TIA hopes to become in the future within DARPA.

I think AssCroft decided to reword the name of the act (Patriot act) to give
it a better chance of passing thru congress. Just by reading the name a
Senator or Representative is most likely to think that it has something to
do with the war and might give it the stamp of approval. I wouldn't be
surprised if that happens.

Maybe Hawaii's opensource community can try to pass an opensource bill thru
the legislature by calling it the State Legislature Pay Raise act.

Virgil