[luau] more service deletion issues

TB tburns at despammed.com
Wed Apr 2 12:59:00 PST 2003

Sorry to drone on.

How can I tell if I need atd? Just turn it off & see
if anything explodes?

How can I tell whether I'm actually using crond or
anacron? Or both?

How can I tell if something local is using sendmail
for logging?

How can I test that my firewall is preventing sendmail
from accepting connections from outside?

I ran the kudzu stop script, but left it on in
chkconfig so that it will run on reboot. Is this
necessary, or can I disable it if I don't add/remove
any hardware?

My next goal is to figure out what all those processes
listed by ps -ef are. Presumably they map to the
services somehow. Mostly.

TB