[luau] Governor's Web site and More

John Pescador jkpescador at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 11:22:00 PST 2003

Thanks all for the feedback!

www.hawaii.gov is mostly run on some Sun Workstations.
 We also have a Windows 2000 machine.  We are like an
ISP for the state basically; we try to meet the needs
of the agencies.  For the Governor's site one person
was taking care of the whole site.  Now he can assign
people content to put up without needing to know HTML.
 Now all the main person does is approve items.

I'm not quite sure how long it took to change the site
over from the original site to the Zope site.  Plone
was very instrumental and flexible in the change over.
 The original site had a lot of dynamic elements and
was created in Dreamweaver.  All of these elements
were ported into Zope.

As far as the content you need to contact the Governor
about that.  ;)
www.hawaii.gov/hellogovernor

The State Intranet is running on Zope.  We actually
met the Zope gang at OSCON 2002.  If you can go to
OCSON 2003 I highly recommend it.  Many of the
creators of languages or tools attend.  Ex. creator of
Perl, PHP, Python, MySQL, Apache Team members, etc.
We got to hear people like Bruce Perens speak.

aloha
john