[luau] Mandrake 9 & Geforce4 Ti4200

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Mon Sep 30 16:42:00 PDT 2002

Well, I have a nforce with GF2, so I can't 100% guarantee these.  I'm
still waiting for two posts to show up on the list, so who knows if this
one will get through.  But anyeay.  If it says could not load GLX,
that's a common error.  Usually you don't even need to concern yourself
with that.  But try commenting out the
module glx
line near the beginning of your XF86Config-4 file and see if that
helps.  Otherwise, try installing glx again.  It might also be that the
NVDriver module is not in memory.  Try insmod NVdriver before starting
X.  Also, try starting X with just "X", no service dm start, or startx,
or anything fancy like that.  I had a problem with kde, not with X.
Also, try rebooting.  I know it sounds like a windowsy kind of thing,
but sometimes it really does help.

-Eric Hattemer