[luau] Harsh review of RH 8

Don Brown mrdon at twdata.org
Mon Sep 30 16:03:01 PDT 2002

To second that, every time I think I've grown up and moved beyond
Mandrake, I come back.  MDK 9 really impressed me by configuring good
menus for all window managers for one.  I run mostly SuSE w/ IceWM and
their menus were anemic.  Of course I hacked up MDK's menu first thing, but it
was nice to simply move and delete stuff rather than having to add
everything searching for icons.

I don't know if RH does this as I was less than impressed by RH 7.3  I
like config tools like YaST and the MDK control center.  I don't mind
screwing w/ config files on my server, but my desktop should be simple and
productive.

Don