[luau] cd burner

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Sep 21 22:57:00 PDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 09:07, linuxdan wrote:
>   HI_VAL is the Brand and yes its very compatible with Linux because of the
> drivers associate better for it under the UNIX/LINUX platform than WINTEL
> machines.

Well the thing about the ATAPI (IDE) burners and SCSI burners is that
they are generally standardized in such a way that in most cases you
don't need additional drivers in order to use them.  I think the
individual burning programs are "aware" of many individual models and
their capabilities, but Linux doesn't have or need this information
because you select the burning options manually when using mkisofs.

In other words, I *think* any ATAPI burner will work in Linux just
because they are standardized, kind of like you can use any hard drive
or CD-ROM without additional drivers.  Somebody please correct me if I'm
wrong.