[luau] cd burner

linuxdan linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Sep 21 09:08:00 PDT 2002

> I've have pretty good luck out of the drive I bought
> from CompUSA back in March.  I think the brand is
> Hi-Lite.

  HI_VAL is the Brand and yes its very compatible with Linux because of the
drivers associate better for it under the UNIX/LINUX platform than WINTEL
machines.

   Funny thing, it seems to burn faster under
> Linux using eroaster than Nero under MSwin

  Windows will quit supporting CD burning software once Paladium hits the
shelves.  You also have to be careful about the updates.  MS is trying to
capture any video copying characteristics with frame buffers even with
Office 2000.  Ive had many complaints with professionals doing presentations
with it when it failed to run video captures after they updated Office.