[luau] Terabiz Linux SysAdmin Class in October

chad ckay1 at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Sep 13 16:46:01 PDT 2002

Warren,
For your information ACT&T has been teaching the Linux+ course for the last year. Our course is an evening course which runs Mon, Tues, Thurs from 5-9pm and Sat. from 8-5pm. This is a four week course totaling 80 hours of instruction and also includes the cost for Linux+ exam. The cost for this course is $1995.00

This is an intensive "hands-on" course using Mandrake 8.1 with many lab experiments for the student to get familar with the Linux operating system and teaches students how to install, configure, and maintain a Linux system in various workstation and server roles. The goal of the course to prepare the student for the Comptia Linux+ exam.

Topics Covered include:

Unix Commands
Shell Commands
Vi/Vim
Directory management
File management
File/Directory permissions
Software installation
Bourne shell scripting
Networking
Printing
Cron/At
Back-up and Recovery
Security
X-Windows

We feel that 20 hours is not enough time to prepare someone for the Comptia Linux+ exam. That is why we extend our course out to 80 hours over four weeks to give a student a chance to learn the material before they take the exam.

Chad Kobashigawa
Applied Computer Training
& Technology, Inc.
(808) 486-7330 office