[luau] Terabiz Linux SysAdmin Class in October

cpaul at telemetrybox.org cpaul at telemetrybox.org
Fri Sep 13 15:08:01 PDT 2002

If anybody is interested -

> Date: October 21 - 25th
> Cost: $1,800 per person
> Students will:
> ?? Learn to configure a Linux system for a network.
> ?? Provide common, Internet-standard services with Linux
> ?? Create heterogeneous networks
> ?? Secure a Network
> ?? Back up & Recovery
> ?? Updating System Hardware
> ?? Security & Network Configuration

I will offer one-on-one, hands-on training for half of the cost of the Terabiz certification.  I'll even teach Python programming.

Date: September 14 - November 22nd
Times: Weekdays between 9AM and 6PM
Cost: $900 per student, full-scholarships available for special situations
      non-profit groups and needy individuals
Students will:

  o Learn to configure multiple Linux distributions
  o Compile custom Linux kernels
  o Network Linux machines for use as Internet servers
    and client-workstations
  o Manage heteregeneous networks with Linux
  o Secure networks with firewalls and individual machines with
    host utilities.
  o Install cryptographic filesystems
  o Understand GnuPG and general security culture
  o Backup a network of machines
  o Upgrade Hardware
  o Create basic shell and python scripts

At the end of this class you will learn all that you need to know to become a Junior SysAdmin.

About the instructor:

Charles Paul has been using Linux since 1995 and Unix since 1992.  His clients have included Wells Fargo, the Professional Golfers Association of America (PGA), and a slew of deceased Dot-Coms that you probably never heard of.  He is currently a freelance programmer.