[luau] Advertiser: Beware of Using Word 97 & Beyond

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Fri Sep 13 10:47:00 PDT 2002

I was aware of the Trojan horse type macro virus in Word way before this
problem was made public.  But it never occurred to me the existence of a
non-macro Word worm, which cannot be detected.

This problem actually goes much deeper than simply avoiding exchanging
.doc files with another party.  For example, if your lawyer, your
account,  your bank, etc., is exchanging .doc files with another party,
then, there is always a possibility that your private information may
fall into the public hands.

A couple of years ago, I was able to insist that the law firms that I
dealt with do not use MS Office.  Nowadays this has become an impossibility.