[luau] Re: Oceanic Linux Mirror

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Sep 12 19:45:00 PDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 10:25, Tim Burgess wrote:
> > I plan on donating one of my personal mini-towers to be this mirror
> > server, but I would appreciate it if other people can donate RAM or a
> > large IDE hard drive.
>
> Hi Warren,
>
> I can donate one or two rack-mount servers for this. My only ask is that
> Debian be one of the mirrors (maybe you are considering this already).
> Each box is an Intel 815 board, it has 2x256MB RAM, 933 PIII, 10/100
> Intel NIC, etc. Unfortunately they only have 14GB disk. I can also
> donate a stonking big 19" rack if you need it.
>
> Cheers, Tim Burgess

Which branch(es) of Debian?

Your rackmount server would be much faster than my mini-tower.  I will
need to first check with Doug about this because he had mentioned
mini-towers being more convenient for them than rackmounts at their
location.  Doug is a rackmount okay?

How many RU's is the rackmount?

Is there room inside to easily mount another hard drive?  Is there IDE
headers on the motherboard?

I will contribute money toward a large IDE hard drive for that server,
but I need to know what size IDE it can support.  Can you try to find
this information?

Thanks,
Warren Togami
warren at togami.com