[luau] Re: LUAU digest, Vol 1 #391 - 11 msgs

Tim Burgess tburgess at hawaii.edu
Thu Sep 12 10:27:00 PDT 2002

> From: Warren Togami <warren at togami.com>
> To: luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
> Date: 11 Sep 2002 22:03:39 -1000
> Subject: [luau] Oceanic Linux Mirror - Donations Needed
>
> Thanks to Doug Stanfield and Jeff Wong at Oceanic for agreeing to host a
> Linux mirror at Oceanic.  When this mirror is installed, it will allow
> uncapped bandwidth to Oceanic and Hawaii Roadrunner clients, which would
> mean even faster and more reliable Linux downloads than Videl for these
> people.
>
> Unfortunately our upload cap to non-Oceanic networks will be fairly low,
> so we will not be able to handle FTP clients from other ISP's.  This
> however will alleviate a large amount of load on Videl, allowing others
> to use more capacity from the University.
>
> I plan on donating one of my personal mini-towers to be this mirror
> server, but I would appreciate it if other people can donate RAM or a
> large IDE hard drive.

Hi Warren,

I can donate one or two rack-mount servers for this. My only ask is that
Debian be one of the mirrors (maybe you are considering this already).
Each box is an Intel 815 board, it has 2x256MB RAM, 933 PIII, 10/100
Intel NIC, etc. Unfortunately they only have 14GB disk. I can also
donate a stonking big 19" rack if you need it.

Cheers, Tim Burgess