[luau] samba spanking

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Tue Sep 10 21:53:00 PDT 2002

Firewall.  Did I mention that I had monmotha's firewall on the 7.2 boxes?  I
had enabled port 139, but, no go.  Just a little while a go I decided to
flush  the chains.  On the one hand, and to the dismay of about 25 users,
this shut down the interface to all traffic.  Once resolved, though, I was
suddenly able to browse the shares, from everywhere.  Ouch.

Samba is a wonderful thing.  It works like the proverbial charm, except for
these rare occasions when the admin breaks it.  For those of you who have
not used it, don't let my panicked post fool you.  It is rather seemless to
use.  Sorry for the wasted traffic.

scott