[luau] Ruby

cpaul at telemetrybox.org cpaul at telemetrybox.org
Sun Sep 8 19:15:00 PDT 2002

> How many use Ruby to set up their website?

I have not used Ruby for web coding, yet.  A good Ruby book is 'Programming Ruby: A Pragmatic Programmer's Guide' by David Thomas and Andrew Hunt.

> What are the pros and cons about Ruby?

The pros:
Ruby is truly object oriented, simple syntax, great threading support, and setting scope for variables is easy.  There are other advantages...  All in all, I feel that Ruby is the best very high level.

The cons:
Few people use Python, so the developer ecology is less diverse than the Python or Perl communities.

Aloha,
Charles