[luau] tftp/xinetd config question

Lockhart, Charles Charles.Lockhart at SpirentCom.COM
Sun Sep 8 11:52:00 PDT 2002

Well, hmm, it should work, but didn't.  I tried the same thing with ftp
(edited the wu-ftp file) and it worked fine.  Some reason it doesn't seem to
work with tftp, or I'm doing something wrong.  I also tried the "only_from
= 128.666.777.444", but that also didn't seem to have any effect.

"Something".  I don't understand the 128.666.777.0/24.  The /24 is a port
number or something?

I'm working with a bunch of embedded devices that use tftp to download a
disk image which they burn into their flash.  I do this regularly enough
that having to go and edit the tftp file to renable tftp, then kill xinetd,
then restart xinetd, then load the file, then kill xinetd, edit the tftp
file, then restart xinetd, well, it's a little bit tedious.  Maybe I need to
look at the tcp wrappers stuff.

Thanks,

-Charles