[luau] tftp/xinetd config question

Jeffrey Wong jmwong at hoku.net
Thu Sep 5 12:47:01 PDT 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Charles Lockhart wrote:

> I'm still plugging away at trying to configure my tftpd stuffs.  In the
> /etc/xinetd.d/tftp file I added a line kind of like:
>
> {
> 	only_from		= 128.666.777.0
> }

That should have restricted connections to only 128.666.777.anything
(Well, since 666 and 777 are not valid numbers I'm guessing its just a
place holder).  Just to be sure are you HUPing xinetd to reload the config
files?  Generally I don't really trust the 'ends in zeros' style of
configuration and prefer to explictly state where the network/host boundry
is with a cidr notation like 128.666.777.0/24 (If you dont understand that
notation say something, I can post an explanation if needed).

Jeff