[luau] What is 24.165.57.16

Yuser yuser at hi.net
Fri Sep 6 11:15:00 PDT 2002

It is a pop up ad.  Trash it and move on!

Probably selling some type of firewall package and using a VERY
questionable scare tactic to do it.

About the IP address.  Yeah that's probably yours unless you are going
through some type of proxy.  Big deal.  A firewall can not hide your
gateway ip address.  An anonymizer can to a certain extent but thats not a
firewall and I see nothing in the ad that claims such.  That's why I said
VERY questionable.   The rational they claim about hiding your IP address
is about the same mentality as trying to hide your house from the thieves.

> *InternetALERT *is an absolute "_MUST_" for anyone connecting to the
> Internet! It will notify you if someone is breaking into your computer,
>  stop them dead in their tracks, and even build a visual map showing
> you  the Attacker's ISP (Internet Service Provider) location! You can
> now  connect to the Internet with the comfort and security of knowing
> that no  one from the Internet can access your computer without your
> knowledge or  permission!

Funny though!!  An all in one product that does it all, yeah..