[luau] HELP: File/ProgresSQL backup utilities

whenever whatever at whoever.net
Wed Sep 4 18:11:01 PDT 2002

Does anyone know any good file backup utilities to do backups on DLT4000
(10/20G) ? What's a good way to backup the progres database? Do I dump the
records then backup the dump or does progres has build in backup like some
other SQL server ? I am looking at few millions records a month on that
database, we push the tables off every month and keep 2 months record active.
Oh.. it's on a FreeBSD system running RAID 5,  I am ok if just one drive die,
but losing two drives at the same time will be the killer, and I never do any
backup on it yet.

Thanks for the help