[luau] $199 Walmart Computer, pre-loaded with Linux

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Sep 4 00:04:01 PDT 2002

http://www.theregus.com/content/54/26164.html

$199
Fairly low-end non-upgradable system... looks like it might make a good
school thin client or extra home computer.  It comes pre-loaded with
Lindows which is rather worthless.  Re-install it with something useful
like Mandrake and you're in business.

You can find this VIA Apollo PLE133 chipset motherboard sold in some
stores on the mainland with RAM and a VIA C3 processor soldered into the
socket.  I think I saw some bundles of this (without case) for around
$80 somewhere online.