[luau] MDK 9 & NVIDIA driver installation woes

Rodney Kanno pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Oct 27 21:33:00 PST 2002

I have found ascript to that checks my NVIDIA setup, when I run it, I get
this error message:

"All the files seem to exist. Now I'm going to see if your kernel
module is loaded correctly...
NVdriver 1066400 0
The kernel device /dev/nvidia1 does not exist, is not a device,
or does not have the proper permissions set. This dev entry should
have been created when you created the kernel module. If you
compiled the module by hand, you may have to create this device
manually (major number 195, minor number 1). After this is done,
please run this script again."

How do I create this file? I have tried (as root) to create "nvidia1" in
/dev but I get a permissions error.

Rodney

---