[luau] ics412: operating systems

T. David Burns burnst001 at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Oct 23 23:20:00 PDT 2002

At 11:12 PM 10/22/2002 -1000, Ray Strode wrote:
>I think also that people tend to love the language they used seriously
>first.

Yeah. Maybe it was my good fortune to learn on languages so flakey that no
one could love them - first program in raw machine code (not even an
assembler on that machine, just punch cards for object code) and then APL,
the world's strangest language except maybe pure lisp. I knew there had to
be better ways! Or maybe it's my bad luck I've never had any reason to use
C. Every language has a learning curve, it's hard to know what a master can
do when you're just a beginner.

Delphic Dave