[luau] Samba as PDC

Todd Lee todd at LANtech-HI.com
Tue Oct 22 10:04:00 PDT 2002

What kind of problems are you having with Samba and Postfix?  Are there
error logs of some sort that you can refer to?  Or specific problems?  On
just a thought, check your security settings, if you chose the highest,
(although I haven't used 9 but from 8 I think there was a security setting
during install and in the drakeconf) I remember using it and it would shut
off lots of stuff  and not allow certain process to run.  Maybe this could
be it?

For the WAN connection, try Monmotha's firewall script!   Works great!  I
think the website is monmotha.mplug.org  Plus, he's a member of the list and
can help you out!

-Todd
-----Original Message-----
From: luau-admin at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
[mailto:luau-admin at videl.ics.hawaii.edu]On Behalf Of eXt
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 9:30 AM
To: luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
Subject: [luau] Samba as PDC

I'm trying to use my Linux box as a PDC for my LAN, but I'm having problems
getting samba to even share files.

I'm also not able to share my WAN connection; my PCs get an IP from the
Linux box's DHCP but no Internet... I tried using the "Server Wizard"
included in mandrake 9 but its not working...

And to keep asking questions, I can't get postfix to work!!! I'm using
WEBMIN to try and set it up, but it aunt helping much...

I need help fast, because every time a user registers on my site the
confirmation e-mail is not being sent, so I have to manually e-mail them and
make their password, this is a hassle and really unnecessary
  _____

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com