[luau] RH8.0 graphical RPM management

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Oct 13 22:21:00 PDT 2002

What he wants is apt-get and Synaptic.

http://apt.freshrpms.net

Download apt for Red Hat 8.0.  After it is installed, type:
apt-get update			(This downloads the list of packages.)
apt-get install synaptic	(This installs synaptic.)

Synaptic is a GUI frontend tool for apt that does easy download and
installation of packages.  It will also allow easy graphical removal
too.

apt-get dist-upgrade		(This will update all your packages.)

FreshRPMS has a large amount of custom packages for RH8.0 like DVD
player, MP3 plugin for XMMS and more.  Check it out.