[luau] vnc for UNIX/Linux?

DOUGS at oceanic.com DOUGS at oceanic.com
Thu Oct 10 14:38:01 PDT 2002

Usually that means X Windows, but doesn't VNC work on Unix also?  Let me
see, from a google search on 'VNC' found:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

that says:

"It is truly platform-independent. A desktop running on a Linux machine may
be displayed on a PC. Or a Solaris machine. Or any number of other
architectures. The simplicity of the protocol makes it easy to port to new
platforms. We have a Java viewer, which will run in any Java-capable
browser. We have a Windows NT server, allowing you to view the desktop of a
remote NT machine on any of these platforms using exactly the same viewer.
(The NT server is not multi-user - see the documentation). And other people
have ported VNC to a wide variety of other platforms."

-Doug-