[luau] non-profit incorporation

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Mon Oct 7 17:45:01 PDT 2002

"R. Scott Belford" wrote:

> On Monday 07 October 2002 03:56 pm, Ray Strode wrote:
> >
> > I see a common theme here of education, but wouldn't it be better to
> > name the
> > non-profit to something slightly more general, so that in the future we
> > can use
> > it for helping other non-school related entities?  Libraries, Youth
> > Centers, etc...
>
> Yes.  Great suggestion.  It should be more general.
>
> Brian Low stated the following:
>
> "I was thinking, this sounded a little better: Open
> Source Technology for Hawaii Foundation.  This would give the name a
> little more flexability.  There are a lot more than just non-profit
> schools that could be utilizing our project.  There are a lot of
> non-profit orginazations out there that not only work with schools but
> with other places as donations"
Very Good Name.

It is a little easier to remember and stronger if you make a slight
adjustment to the phrasing.

"Hawaii Foundation for Open Source Technology"

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043