[luau] non-profit incorporation

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Mon Oct 7 17:15:00 PDT 2002

On Monday 07 October 2002 03:56 pm, Ray Strode wrote:

> I see a common theme here of education, but wouldn't it be better to
> name the
> non-profit to something slightly more general, so that in the future we
> can use
> it for helping other non-school related entities?  Libraries, Youth
> Centers, etc...

Yes.  Great suggestion.  It should be more general.

Brian Low stated the following:

"I was thinking, this sounded a little better: Open
Source Technology for Hawaii Foundation.  This would give the name a
little more flexability.  There are a lot more than just non-profit
schools that could be utilizing our project.  There are a lot of
non-profit orginazations out there that not only work with schools but
with other places as donations"

I like the name.  You both are right in that it should be more general.
There certainly are groups other than schools that could really benefit.
Let's generalize.  I like how the following rolls of the tongue:

Hawaiian Open Source Technology Foundation
or
Hawaiian Foundation for Open Source Technology

scott