[luau] News - Newsforge 'Replacing Microsoft Exchange with a Linux Based solution'

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Oct 4 23:13:01 PDT 2002

http://newsforge.com/newsforge/02/10/03/2216217.shtml?tid=30

 - By Robin "Roblimo" Miller -
One of the big reasons cited to continue running Windows on corporate
servers despite Linux's greater security and reliability (and lower cost) is
a need for Microsoft Exchange, not only for email but also for its
calendaring and other "groupware" features. While there is not yet a
complete Open Source replacement for Exchange, a number of proprietary
"Exchange killers" run on Linux. Today we're going to give you a "sneak
preview" of CommuniGate Pro Groupware, a promising new entry in this growing
marketplace that will be formally announced Monday.

CGP is not the only "Exchange Killer" out there
A growing number of companies are offering commercial alternatives to
Exchange, most of which run on Linux. We'll look at a number of them in
upcoming weeks, one at a time, and we'll follow Free and Open Source
groupware solutions as they mature enough to be usable at the enterprise
level.
(continued in article)