[luau] News - Mandrake 9.0 vs. Mandrake 8.2 for new Linux users

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 3 00:21:01 PDT 2002

I think the main issue still is a good word processor.  I have been
working on an important letter in Open Office, and I'm often frustrated
by some of the things that are going on with it.

Details:

Screen refresh is messed up from time to time with menus stuck on top.
Unable to cut from Galeon and paste into Open Office. (works with Abi Word)
Spell checker failed to function at some point in time, but worked after
a re-launch.
Document formatting difficult to control.

Basically Open Office is marginal and doesn't compare to WP on Windows.