[luau] Lower temperatures for Athlon in Linux

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Nov 29 15:02:01 PST 2002

http://mpet.freeservers.com/LVCool.html

This program will reduce temperatures of your Athlon processor on most VIA
chipsets.  Read the documentation to learn how it works.

The Makefile within this package will build fine in gcc 2.9x, but fails with
gcc 3.x.  You must edit the Makefile and change gcc to g++ in order for the
program to link correctly.

This program makes a big difference in temperature on my Athlon laptop.
Before using it I would always feel heat eminating and the fan blew at hot
hair at all times.  While using it I can feel a reduction in heat.  This
works well with APM power management.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com